EmploymentStarting with the 2013-2014 school year, Achievement Academy will be opening 5 additional PreK ESE classrooms at our Lakeland school. Classroom teachers, paraprofessionals and therapists (PT, OT, Speech and Speech assistant) as well as an ESE Facilitator are anticipated needs. Achievement Academy is a Drug-Free workplace and all candidates will be successfully background screened and fingerprinted prior to hiring. Interested candidates may send resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 716 E. Bella Vista St. Lakeland, FL 33805.
- PreK ESE Teachers - Must have Bachelor’s degree. Florida certification in ESE, PreK-Primary and/or Preschool Education is required for teaching. If temporary certificate, please submit statement of eligibility. Experience with young children a must. Most classrooms have 11 students with 1-2 fulltime paraprofessionals for assistance. Hours are from 8am to 3:30pm and we will follow Polk County Schools’ calendar for 2013-2014. Salaries and benefits competitive with District.
- Classroom Paraprofessionals - Graduation from accredited high school or completion of GED. Experience working with young children in a preschool classroom setting is needed. Must be sincerely interested in educating and working with exceptional children. Will work with teacher in a PreK ESE classroom with a class of 11 PreK students with varying exceptionalities.
none available at this time
- none available at this time
- Therapists - Must be licensed by Department of Health. Eligible for Medicaid/insurance reimbursement. Experience providing therapy to young children with varying exceptionalities a plus. Typical hours are from 8:30am to 3:30pm and we will follow Polk County Schools’ calendar for 2013-2014. Salaries and benefits competitive with District.
- Speech Therapist and Speech Assistant needed for our Lakeland site
- Occupational Therapist for our Lakeland site
- Physical Therapist for our Bartow and Lakeland sites
- ESE Facilitator -
Duties include coordination of Exceptional Student Education (ESE) responsibilities for the charter school, insure school and classrooms maintain compliance with all ESE laws, regulations and local procedures and provide training to staff on these policies and procedures. Must have a working knowledge of Family Support Plans (FSP’s) as well as Individual Education Plans (IEP’s). Will schedule, coordinate and lead IEP staffings. Works with administration, staff and parents to insure positive outcomes for all students. Highly organized, efficient, able to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team while maintaining a positive and stress-free attitude. Able to establish rapport quickly and maintain relationships with families. Excellent communication skills required; both verbally and written. Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred. Five to seven years of experience is expected for the successful candidate.
- none available at this time
An employment application is available for downloading/printing, http://achievementacademy.com/docs/employmentapplication.pdf. Application and/or resume may be mailed to the Lakeland address or scanned/attached and emailed to email@example.com